Guides and Advice
START HERE! Below are some of the best articles and guides I’ve written over the years which you may find useful.
Before You Go
- Why Traveling is Cheaper and Easier Than You Think – Most people think they can’t afford to travel but most people are wrong
- Study Abroad: The Best Thing You’ll Do in College – Study abroad and why you should absolutely do it
- Forget Backpacking Europe, the World is Your Oyster – Europe isn’t the only place out there
- To Go or Not to Go: Solo Backpacking – The age old question of whether or not you should go alone, hint: YOU SHOULD
- A Guide to the Torres del Paine “W” Trek – The ultimate guide to the Torres del Paine W Trek
- 5 Things Every Backpacker Should Do Before Leaving Home – Top 5 things to do to prepare for your upcoming trip
- 5 Things to Bring on a Backpacking Trip – Top 5 things to bring on every trip
- What to Pack for Your Backpacking Trip – Another packing guide for your next trip
During Your Trip
- I Don’t Always Travel, But When I Do, I Stay in Hostels – Hostels and why they are awesome
- Airbnb Alternatives – Going Down the Accommodation Rabbit Hole – Airbnb is the 800lbs gorilla but there are other alternatives
- How to Backpack on the Cheap – Trip costs getting to you? Read this!
- What’s the Big Fuss Over Guidebooks? – Guidebooks and how to use them on the road
- Unplugging in an Increasingly Connected World – Why you should put your phone and computers away while on the road
- Facing an Uncomfortable Reality: Beggars – How to deal with beggars when traveling
- Taking It Easy While Backpacking – Don’t travel fast, travel slow while on your trips
- Haggling Tips for the Common Backpacker – My best tips for haggling on the road
- 5 First World Comforts I Miss While Traveling – Traveling is great but there are some things I miss about home
- Porcelain from Around the World – A review of the many types of toilets around the world
For the Other Travel Bloggers
- Fellow Travel Bloggers, Do You Write in Real-Time or Post-Trip? – When do you write about your trips?
Anything else that I’m missing? Comment or email me and I’ll write about it.